"I got here at 6:30 a.m. My neighbor got here at 5 a.m.," said Lydia Sanchez, who has struggled to find a vaccine.
"I'm a school teacher. I have been trying every day since the last week when they opened up and I can't because they keep being full," Sanchez said.
The Alviso Health Clinic hosted the site with Gardner Health Services. City Council Member David Cohen helped make it happen.
RELATED: Santa Clara Co. community health clinics press on despite vaccine shortage
"It's one of the zip codes with higher Covid rates so I thought 'let's get a vaccine clinic out here," Cohen said.
Cohen said people from his office along with Gardner Health services went door to door and handed out fliers about the clinic to try and make sure it only served people in the neighborhood.
The one-day clinic only had 280 doses because of supply issues. Organizers say they were hoping for more, but at this point they feel lucky to at least get the vaccine.
Having trouble loading the tracker above? Click here to open it in a new window.
VACCINE TRACKER: How California is doing, when you can get a coronavirus vaccine
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- How to register for COVID-19 vaccine in every Bay Area county
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- CALCULATOR: Find out how many people may get a COVID-19 vaccine before you
- VIDEO: When will I get the COVID-19 vaccine? We explain who goes 1st
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- How are Chinatown businesses surviving? Here's what we found
- From COVID-19 to Black Lives Matter, these 13 people defined the Bay Area in 2020
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic