"While we may have sites at churches and schools, and centers in communities, they are not filling up quickly," said Contra Costa County Supervisor, John Gioia.
With 65-percent of Contra Costa County fully vaccinated, county officials are now changing their vaccination strategy.
VACCINE TRACKER: Here's how CA is doing, when you can get a coronavirus vaccine
"There are some people who are stuck at home and have not being able to go down to one of the vaccination centers," said Richmond Mayor, Tom Butt.
Their goal is to reach herd immunity, that means 75% or more of the population fully vaccinated as we get closer to June 15.
"Go into the homes of those who are homebound and vaccinate them at a convenient time for them. Because we know that is what it will take to get the last 20 percent of so," said Supervisor Gioia.
VIDEO: Some SF residents could soon have option of getting vaccinated at home
To have a Contra Costa health staff member visit your home you would need to fill out this digital form on the county's website: cchealth.org. Lack of transportation could be a reason.
Once you check that you're homebound, supervisor Giogia says their mobile vaccination team will drive to you, no questions asked.
"We are not going to go check into it," said Supervisor Gioia.
According to Ori Tzvieli, the county's deputy health officer, Contra Costa County is in the process of vaccinating 700 residents at home. Their plan is to expand accessibility and continue with vaccination sites.
"The bottom line is we have enough vaccine and we have enough staff to deliver it. We are fully capable and we won't hesitate to go out to your home," said Supervisor Gioia.
Having trouble loading the tracker above? Click here to open it in a new window.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map shows which counties can, can't reopen under reopening tiers
- Cheat sheet: What you can and can't do after being fully vaccinated
- How to register for a COVID-19 vaccine in every Bay Area county
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- Interactive map shows what's closed and what's reopening in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Data tracker: Coronavirus cases, deaths, hospitalizations in every Bay Area county
- Third stimulus check calculator: See how much you could get
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- Get the latest updates on California EDD, stimulus checks, unemployment benefits
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic