SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Job Summary:
The VP, Operations and Business Planning is responsible for KGO-TV operations, business management and planning. This individual will build a deep operational knowledge of the Station's linear and multi-platform businesses and lead all annual planning and analysis activities. The position also has important responsibilities for the overall KGO real estate footprint, and maintaining important relationships with multiple tenants leasing space on the property.
The VP, Operations & Business Planning is a key leader within the station who will work closely with the President / General Manger on developing, implementing and supporting a clear strategic vision for our businesses and will be effective in communicating, motivating and inspiring our team in executing that vision via hands-on leadership, optimism, strategic risk-taking and focused metrics of success.
This position reports to the President and General Manager of KGO-TV and will collaborate closely with Sales, Planning, Marketing, Distribution, Legal, Finance, Real Estate and Administrative Operations teams across KGO and the entire Walt Disney Company.
- Responsible for leading the execution of long and short range planning. This is inclusive of financial review, consolidation and presentation of the station's forecasts, annual operating plans, capital plans and five-year plans
- Responsible for leading the preparation and review of the station's quarterly financial statements
- Act as a business advisor and key business partner for the station's management team and support them in their decision making processes
- Develop and retain knowledge and fluency in the business performance and financial drivers to advise on key business planning assumptions and opportunities
- Create, maintain and report on key business metrics to ensure business objectives are met
- Prepare presentations and ad hoc analysis for station management and OTV Division partnerships
- Stay informed and engaged in current landscape of the television industry and proactively explore new trends in the marketplace
- Develop and manage a professional staff, including offering oversight, motivating and directing the team in its goals and objectives
- Responsible for review of local contracts
- Partner with Legal and Labor Relations regarding CBAs and Union coordination
- Drive business planning around revenue generating events
- Partner with Tax department on local Property and Sales Use tax returns
- Partner with Corporate Real Estate and Facility Management on various projects
- Partner closely with HR to oversee the FCC EEO reporting
- Coordinate with internal and external business partners (e.g. coordinating invoice payments, expense report review, expense accruals, etc.)
- Assist in managing financing for station owned Sutro Tower, the primary broadcast and telecommunications tower in San Francisco.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience
- TV Station business planning experience is a plus
- Advanced financial modeling and analytical skills
- Proven ability to manage and develop teams
- Strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize, anticipate change and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to translate financial information to various business audiences to drive decision making
- Demonstrated ability to persuasively present complex business issues and solutions, clearly and concisely
- Strong passion for local broadcasting, news and community
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior station executives and be a trusted and reliable source of information, analysis and support
- Strong technical skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration Preferred Education:
- MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred
The hiring range for this position in San Francisco, CA is $188,928.00 to $253,400.00 per year based on a 40 hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
TO APPLY: Please log onto www.disneycareers.com and search for Requisition ID# 10059351 (VP - Operations & Business Planning), create a candidate profile, and upload your resume and cover letter.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
ABC7 is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.