Glassdoor has launched a new tool called the "hiring surge explorer." It identifies employers that are actively and aggressively hiring. The career platform has more than 1,000 companies on their list. "So the employers themselves are identifying if they're having a surge in hiring to help people gauge which companies in the Bay Area are actively hiring," Stoddard said. "We do see companies like Facebook, Docusign and Google ramping up their hiring efforts."
RELATED: Author shares guide to landing entry level job post graduation
Glassdoor has also created a COVID-19 job search HUB. It highlights a range resources and roles, like work from home opportunities.
Competition is always stiff when looking for the best positions, but it's especially difficult right now. "Recruiters are sifting through maybe hundreds of applications at this point and typically recruiters spend about two to three seconds per application," Stoddard said. "You want to catch their attention fast. So, if they recognize your name from a quick email, a linkedIn message, you know ask them a specific question or confirm that you've actually applied for that role. That way when they're sifting through those resumes they say, 'Oh I recognize Sarah's name. She sent me a message.'"
When you send a message, make sure there are no typos and you've done your research.
TODAY'S FEATURED JOB:
Position: Business Process Administrator
This role: Responsible for providing key administration for Accounting and Business Process functions
Qualifications: BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience, administration and accounting experience
See more on the job, here.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic hereRELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- When will the San Francisco Bay Area reopen? Track progress on 6 key metrics to reopening here
- Life after COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
- WATCH LIVE: Daily briefings from CA, Bay Area officials
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: How close was CA to becoming a NY-level crisis?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Asian American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on African American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Latino community
- WATCH: 'Your Mental Health: A Bay AreaConversation' virtual town hall addressing COVID-19 impact on mental health
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions