Sonoma County Kincade Fire: Evacuation centers, donations and other resources

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Here's a list of information and resources for people impacted by the Kincade Fire and the PG&E Power shutoffs, plus some ways to assist for those who want to help.

On Monday, Oct. 28 Governor Gavin Newsom launched a resource page for those affected by power outages and/or wildfires in California.

The website "combines emergency response, recovery and resilience information into a single place for easy access by users," the Governor's office said. "It is a one-stop portal that includes local and state resources, health services, shelters and housing, preparedness information, and more."

Mandatory Evacuation Areas

A mandatory evacuation means people should evacuate immediately. Here is more information and a map showing the current evacuation zones.

Evacuation Centers

Sonoma County encourages evacuees to use housing options other than the emergency shelters if possible, to help maintain room in the public shelters. But for those who need them, evacuation warnings and centers can be found here.

How to Volunteer and Donate

  • Red Cross reminds donors that collecting and sending food, clothing and household items is often not needed. The best way to support disaster victims is with a financial donation, which they can use for what they need most. Go to, call 1-800 RED CROSS or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.

  • Sonoma County Animal Services does not currently need supplies but will provide updates if this changes. Monetary donations can be made here.
  • People interested in volunteering should go to the Volunteer Center of Sonoma County website.

  • Petaluma People Services Center is coordinating volunteers and donations to assist with shelter and emergency response needs. To volunteer or offer a donation, please send an email to, call 707-529-1201 or register in person at the Kenilworth Teen Center, 150 Fairgrounds Dr.

  • Nonprofit Corazon Healdsburg is helping the Spanish-speaking community in Sonoma County. They're finding and booking hotel rooms for evacuees left homeless, giving them gift cards, money for gas. If you need help or would like to donate to support their work, go here and here.

  • NEW blankets, pillows and towels needed - Petaluma is sheltering nearly 1,500 evacuees. They are in need of NEW blankets, pillows and towels. If you can donate, please drop them off at the Kenilworth Teen Center located 150 Fairgrounds Dr.
  • Learn more here about businesses offering free goods and services for Kincade Fire, power outage evacuees and first responders.

  • Mental Health Resources

    Disasters situations can bring up lingering trauma and cause emotional distress. HOPE Sonoma can be reached at (707) 291-3788 and offers free, bilingual, mental health services to help people experiencing emotional distress because of the fire and power shut-offs. More information and mental health resources are available here.

    Animal Services

    Sonoma County Animal Services is focused on ensuring the safety and welfare of domestic animals and livestock during the fires. To request assistance 707-565-7100 or 707-565-7103 during regular hours which are Tuesday - Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. For emergency or after hours service, contact the Sonoma Sheriff Department at 707-565-2121. For information, visit Sonoma County Animal Services.
    Animal supplies needed - Leashes, harnesses, cat litter & scoopers, litter trays, crates and beds. If you can donate, please take them to the Kenilworth Teen Center located at 150 Fairgrounds Dr.

    Community Resources

    For questions about evacuations and resources, Sonoma County encourages people to call 2-1-1. Do not call 9-1-1 unless you are experiencing an emergency.

    Road Closures

    Sonoma County maintains a list of road closures here.

    511 SF Bay is maintaining a list of Kincade Fire - Sonoma County Road Closures

    Transit Impact

    Wednesday, Oct. 30, Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit (SMART) will operate on a limited schedule beginning Oct. 30. From Oct. 30 to Nov. 6, SMART service will be free of charge. Service will operate from the Santa Rosa Downtain Station to downtown San Rafael, serving all stations in between. Before starting your trip, check SMART's website to ensure there are no schedule changes.

    Wednesday, Oct. 30, Sonoma County Transit reports that local bus routes 10, 12, 14, 32 and 68 will operate on a weekday schedule. Intercity bus routes 30, 44 and 48 will operate on a weekend schedule. Please note that routes 44 and 48 will only travel north to the Santa Rosa Transit Mall. A new Route 60 Express will begin service between Cloverdale City Hall and Rohnert Park. All other bus routes are cancelled until further notice due to the Kincade fire. For more info click here

    Wednesday, Oct. 30, Golden Gate Transit reports several service impacts due to the Kincade fire and related mandatory evacuations. For more information click here

    Air Quality

    To assess air quality during a wildfire, the Northern Sonoma County Air Pollution Control District recommends as the most accurate source for available fine particulate matter measurements. Sonoma County issued a smoke health advisory as of 8:45 a.m. on Oct. 25.

    School Closures

    Here is a list of Bay Area schools that will be closed due to the massive Kincade Fire in Sonoma County and the second round of PG&E Public Safety Power Shutoffs.

    Power Shutdown and Restoration Info

    PG&E began another round of power shutdowns on Tuesday, Oct. 29 and power is scheduled to remain off in affected areas through Wednesday, Oct.30. As many as 90,000 residents in Sonoma County are expected to lose power. For updates, view PG&E's restoration map or call PG&E at 800-743-5002. Visit our power outage page for more details about where the shutoffs are and how long they will last. And visit the PG&E Restoration Map for additional information.

    Charging Stations

    Due to the PG&E planned power shutoffs, PG&E alongside city community centers opened resource centers around the Bay Area. Here's the list of centers if you need supplies or device charging.

    Disposal sites

    Napa County residents with extra food waste due to power outages have multiple sites for disposal available.

    Customers of Upper Valley Disposal & Recycling have options for throwing away their spoiled food.
  • If they have extra perishable waste that does not fit into their regular waste cart, they can place it in their green waste cart. Customers must notify Upper Valley Disposal & Recycling that they will using their green waste cart for food disposal. The cost will be $18.Call Upper Valley Disposal & Recycling at 707- 963-7988, Monday through Friday, 8am-4:30pm.
  • Customers can also take their food waste to the Clover Flat Landfill, 4380 Silverado Trail, Calistoga, CA 94515. The landfill is open Tuesday through Saturday, 9am-4pm, and Sundays 9am-3pm. They are closed on Mondays.
  • Commercial customers with large amounts of packaged spoiled food can contact Napa Recycling & Waste Services for special pickup service. Call 707-255-5200.

  • For American Canyon customers, call Recology at 707-552-3110 for information on food waste disposal.

    Related Stories & Videos

    Most destructive California wildfires in history
    Does wearing a mask when it's smoky outside work?
    What's in wildfire smoke? How it can impact your health
    Everything to know about red flame retardant dropped during wildfires
    How to drive safely during a power outage
    What happens to animals during wildfires?
    What are the diablo winds and how can they influence Northern California wildfires?
    Containing vs controlling: Wildfire terms you need to know
    These aircraft are on the front lines of the fight against California wildfires

    Copyright © 2022 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.