NAPA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- COVID-19 regulations have changed again in Napa now that the county has seen a 44% increase in cases in the past two weeks. Restaurants that were allowed to have diners inside must now serve them outside again. Tasting rooms can no longer have people inside.
"It is a turning on the dime, it is a COVID world. You have to adjust and readjust and rethink to be able to figure out the new protocol and that's the name of the game," said Mauro Pando, the chef and owner of restaurant Grace's Table, located at Franklin and Second Streets.
His restaurant doesn't have a patio, so his sidewalk is now full of tables. The antique store owner across the street has also offered her sidewalk space if he needs it.
"Our neighbors have been so kind to say you can take some of my storefront. So we have the ability to put the same number of tables outside that we had inside," Pando said.
It's a logistical challenge for some restaurants, but many diners say they prefer eating outside during these times.
"I've decided exclusively to sit outside regardless the regulations because I find that's a better choice. All the studies are showing that the virus circulates inside. Common sense tells me that's the case," said John Zemko as he finished his breakfast at Grace's Table.
These new restrictions are in place for three weeks. But the state could decide to extend them if necessary, based on how the cases look on July 30th when this is set to expire.
Here's a full list of the businesses ordered to close from July 9 until at least July 30:
- All brewpubs, breweries, bars and pubs, both indoor and -outdoor services
- Indoor dining at restaurants
- Indoor wineries and tasting rooms
- Indoor family entertainment centers
- Indoor movie theater
- Indoor cardrooms
"With the exception of brewpubs, breweries, bars and pubs, outdoor operations for the above businesses are allowed," according to Napa County's website.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- From salons to dinner parties: Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- California reopening: Here's what's open, closed in the Bay Area
- Watch list: Counties where COVID-19 is getting worse
- When will the San Francisco Bay Area reopen? Track progress on 6 key metrics to reopening here
- Life after COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
- Here's everything allowed to open in CA (and what we're still waiting on)
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Experts compare face shield vs. face mask effectiveness
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- WATCH: ABC7 Listens 'From Anger To Action: A Bay Area Conversation'
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US