ROHNERT PARK, Calif. -- A person suffered serious burns in a fire in Rohnert Park early Saturday morning that started when a resident was smoking in a garage and gasoline caught fire, public safety officials said.
Public safety officers were called at 12:10 a.m. to a structure fire on San Antonio Drive.
When officers arrived they found a fire in the garage and smoke filling the home.
Officers kept the fire to the garage but not before it caused about $25,000 of damage and serious burns to a person's legs.
The injured person was taken to a hospital. Another resident was taken to a hospital by her husband.
In all, four people were displaced.
Person seriously burned in Rohnert Park fire sparked by cigarette in garage