Suspicious death of elderly man at San Francisco facility investigated

San Francisco police are investigating the suspicious death of an elderly man reported Sunday at a residential care facility in San Francisco's Balboa Terrace neighborhood.

The suspicious death was reported shortly before 9 a.m. Sunday at a home in the 100 block of Aptos Street, near Ocean Avenue and Aptos Park, San Francisco police spokeswoman Officer Grace Gatpandan said.

Gatpandan said medics responded to the home and the 78-year-old San Francisco man was pronounced dead at the scene.

The incident was initially reported as a possible stabbing and the victim appears to have suffered suspicious wounds, according to Gatpandan.

The San Francisco medical examiner's office responded to the home and ruled the death suspicious.

Gatpandan said she didn't know how long the man had been dead prior to the arrival of medics.

She said no suspects have been arrested in connection with the death and that the incident remains under investigation.

The medical examiner's office is working to locate the man's family and has not yet released his name.
Related Topics:
seniorssuspicious deathSFPDpoliceinvestigationSan Francisco
(Copyright 2019 by Bay City News, Inc. Republication, re-transmission or reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. Is prohibited.)