RELATED: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk shuts down Fire Ball ride after Ohio State Fair incident
Dutch manufacturer KMG said Thursday that it's telling operators to cease operations until it can investigate and learn more about what caused the malfunction.
The company says there are 43 such rides around the world, including 11 in the United States. The order doesn't impact the company's other rides.
RELATED: 1 dead, 7 injured on Fire Ball ride at Ohio State Fair
Cal/OSHA confirms that the Fire Ball rides at six parks in California will be shut down:
- Orange County Fair owned and operated by Ray Cammack Shows
- Cal Expo State Fair owned and operated by Butler Amusements
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
- California's Great America in Santa Clara
- Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park
- Belmont Park in San Diego
Authorities say the 18-year-old who was killed was a high school student who had just enlisted in the Marines.
Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk closes "Fireball" ride after Ohio State Fair incident. Boardwalk officials will inspect ride today. pic.twitter.com/GCMdi89RpJ— Matt Keller (@MattKellerABC7) July 27, 2017
Seven others, including four teenagers, were injured. Some people were hit by debris.
The Associated Press contributed to this post.