Gas line break in Sunset District causes burst of flames

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco firefighters responded to a gas line break in the Sunset District Tuesday afternoon that briefly caused flames to shoot into the air.

The break was reported at 2:17 p.m. at 3733 Taraval Street when a third-party construction crew hit a hit a half-inch plastic line, PG&E said.

The break caused flames to briefly shoot into the air, but did not spark a fire, fire officials said.

The 3700 block of Taraval Street was evacuated as a result of the break, but gas has now been shut off. PG&E was called to the scene, fire officials said.
Copyright © 2019 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.