Yesterday a dozen Bay Area water agencies approved an $800 million expansion of the Los Vaqueros Reservoir along the Alameda-Contra Costa County line.
The plan would raise the reservoir's earthen dam by 55 feet, making it 273 feet high.
Officials say the expansion would help meet the annual water needs of 1.4 million people.
Six public hearings are now scheduled. The first is a week from tomorrow at the Santa Clara Valley Water District.
The schedule for the meetings can be seen below.
- Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m., Tsakopoulos Library Galleria, 828 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
- Wednesday, July 12, 2017, 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., Santa Clara Valley Water District, 5750 Almaden Expressway, San Jose, CA 95118
- Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., Contra Costa Water District, 1331 Concord Avenue, Concord, CA 94520
- Thursday, July 20, 2017, 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., East Bay Municipal Utility District, 375 11th Street, Oakland, CA 94607
- Tuesday, July 25, 2017, 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., Brentwood Community Center, 35 Oak Street, Brentwood, CA 94513
- Thursday, July 27, 2017, 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m., San Luis National Wildlife Refuge Complex Headquarters and Visitors Center, 7376 S. Wolfsen Road, Los Banos, CA 93635