We first introduced you to 10-year-old Brianna Wong and her 6-year-old sister, Ashley, from Oakland back in April. They wanted to help feed hungry kids when the pandemic first began, so they learned how to make leather keychains, embossed with sayings like "wash your hands."
RELATED: Closed during pandemic, Oakland's treasured Fairyland holds fundraiser for 70th birthday
They raised enough money to provide meals to thousands of kids.
More recently, when they heard some of their favorite places in Oakland are struggling because of the pandemic, like the Oakland Zoo, Chabot Space Center and Oakland Museum, they wanted to help.
Using their skills, they've been designing and making embossed leather coasters and selling them on their website www.duckandchick.com and through a collaboration with Oaklandish.
The girls sold out of the coasters within just 12 hours. Mom says the girls have dreams of becoming adult entrepreneurs one day and are busy making coasters to fulfill even more orders soon.
VIDEO: 6-year-old girl raises more than $100K to help save Oakland Zoo
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic hereRELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- Watch list: Counties where COVID-19 is getting worse
- MAP: Everything that's open, forced to close in Bay Area
- Everything to know about CA's confusing reopening plan, summer shutdown and what comes next
- From salons to dinner parties:Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- Life after COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get aCOVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Experts compare face shield vs. face mask effectiveness
- COVID-19Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic