"Raiders," sang a group of fans in a chorus. They may be crying later because old habits and loves die hard. How do they spin it? "A lame duck relationship is what you're talking about," said fan Andy Coronado.
"Can't look at it in a negative way. They haven't left yet. They're still here," added Andy Rea.
We're talking rose colored glasses, Raiders style. But, nobody's blind.
RELATED: Raiders face explosive Rams after stunning trade
If a team and its fans ever needed a relationship counselor, these are them.
"It's like being the jilted lover," said Esteban Guzman. "Your wife tells you she wants a divorce. But he doesn't have a house yet, then I will go live with them."
It rings true. These aren't just fans. Raider Nation feels like a family.
We asked longtime fan Victoria Popejoy about that. "If your husband treated you the way the Raiders have, would you be together?" Her response? "I would be gone."
Get the latest updates on the Raiders here.
RECENT RAIDERS STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Sources: Rams wanted to add Khalil Mack, then trade him at end of season
- Jon Gruden takes center stage with Oakland Raiders set to take on Los Angeles Rams
- Raiders face explosive Rams after stunning trade
- Answering biggest questions about Khalil Mack trade to Bears
- Raiders players, fans react after Khalil Mack traded to Bears
- Derek Carr: Khalil Mack trade a downer but shock is gone
- Brandon LaFell signs deal with Raiders
- Raiders' Jon Gruden says trading All-Pro Khalil Mack 'a decision that we all came to'
- Raiders release Martavis Bryant, who faces suspension
- Bills trade AJ McCarron to Raiders for fifth-round pick
- Raiders' Daryl Worley expected to appeal 4-game suspension
- Carr makes brief appearance in Raiders 13-6 win over Packers