RELATED: Live coronavirus updates: 21 new cases of COVID-19 in CA, bringing total to 198, Gov. Newsom says
ABC7 News Anchor Kristen Sze asked Breed if she's initiated any discussions about putting money directly into the hands of residents who need to pay bills but are impacted by closures.
"What we're doing is trying to set up a fund to do just that and allow the private sector to contribute to that fund so people can have immediate access to get money so that if they need to cover some expenses they are able to do so," Breed said. "So that's something we are definitely working on."
RELATED: Coronavirus in US: Trump clamps limits on travel from Europe to US for 30 days
Mayor Breed says they will officially announce a plan when they are ready. She also talked about protecting renters who may be evicted because they cannot pay rent - find out more in the video below.
FULL INTERVIEW: Mayor London Breed discusses coronavirus concerns in SF
Watch ABC7's "Midday Live" every weekday at 11 a.m., right after "The View." You can also stream it live or watch it on the ABC7 News App.
Go here for the latest news, information and videos about the coronavirus.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- What to know about COVID-19 in Calif., how it's affecting San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus: Cancellations, suspensions and shortages related to the global virus outbreak
- How coronavirus compares with the flu
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Everything Americans need to know about coronavirus
- Coronavirus Prevention: How to properly wash your hands
- Busting COVID-19 coronavirus myths: Facts from the Centers for Disease Control
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Coronavirus Outbreak: 7 questions answered
- Is the new COVID-19 virus more 'deadly' than flu? Not exactly
- Coronavirus outbreak: Health expert shares tips for preparedness, emergency supply list to stay healthy
- Coronavirus: SF artist creates realistic-looking custom respirator masks that unlocks iPhones
- Coronavirus outbreak: SF doctor explains how to protect yourself, stay healthy
- Coronavirus: SF State educator addresses xenophobia in the Bay Area
- SF Mayor London Breed explains declaring state of emergency over coronavirus