SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The final election results in San Francisco are still pending but, so far, it's clear that the anti-crime and accountability messages helped candidates in different races. While the final results of the District Attorney's race are still pending, Jenkins declared herself the winner this morning.
Supervisor Matt Dorsey, also appointed by Breed, is leading the race in his district. Dorsey previously worked with the San Francisco Police Department and the City Attorney's office.
"Look, we care about reforms, we know that people have challenges, we know that people deserve second chances. But also, when those lines are crossed, where is the accountability," said Mayor Breed.
Take a look at the latest stories and videos about the 2022 Midterm Elections here.
LATEST STORIES & VIDEOS:
- CA proposition results: From abortions to electric vehicles, here's what's projected to pass or fail
- Election results 2022: Key takeaways and race results so far; House, Senate control unclear
- 2022 Midterm California Election Results: Who won governor race, propositions
- Election Maps: Senate and House balance of power, governors races, California overview
- Here are the candidates who will make history with projected midterm election wins
- 5 baseless 2022 election conspiracy theories, fact-checked
- Slavery rejected in some, not all, states where on ballot in 2022 election
- Abortion law: Rights protected in Michigan, California, Vermont
- Live ballot tracker: Find out how many ballots have been returned in California by county
If you're on the ABC7 News app, click here to watch live