Real ID is a new kind of identification card issued by the California DMV that requires more proof of identity/residence to obtain and meets the new federal regulations for identification standards.
Take a look at what some of our experts said in the video player above.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- What to know about Real ID: Here are the top questions and answers
- Real ID requirement coming soon; DMV expert shares facts on how to obtain one
- Californians can use driver's license to fly until Oct. 1, 2020
- DMV to send letters to Calif. residents who may not have valid REAL ID
- 150K Californians affected by Real ID delay may see relief
- Getting a Real ID turns into ordeal for Saratoga resident
- Oakland-based startup charging $94 to wait in DMV lines
- California's Real ID extension extended again allowing state's driver license to be used to fly
- Gilroy man travels 168 miles to get DMV appointment
- Audit: CA DMV worker slept on the job daily for nearly 4 years
- California rolls out digital license plate pilot program
Take a look at more stories by Michael Finney and 7 On Your Side.