The lake is 3.4 miles in circumference, covering 155 acres of land.
It was donated by Dr. Samuel Merritt in 1869, making it the nation's oldest wildlife refuge. It is naturally filled with a mixture of salt and fresh water, making it the largest of its type in an urban area.
Click here for more amazing views from DRONEVIEW7.
OVER IT: San Francisco's world-class skyline