"There has to be a commitment to public safety and public health and we understand, but from business owners standpoint it's like we are getting punched in the gut every single day," said Sittnick, Epic & Waterbar Restaurants, and Managing Partner.
RELATED: SF could join curfew, purple tier as soon as Sunday as COVID-19 cases spike
Today the city's health director, Dr. Grant Colfax, said COVID-19 cases are rapidly increasing.
"The 14-day average of new cases has gone up 152 percent since November 1, placing us on the trajectory to be in the purple tier, potentially as early as Sunday."
At Epic Steak restaurant, they are putting a plan in place knowing that a statewide curfew would be next.
"We're going to take reservations up to 8:30 and those people are going to have to be out by 10 p.m.," said Sittnick.
RELATED: Lawyer, ACLU concerned California's new COVID-19 curfew could be discriminatory
In the purple tier San Francisco would close indoor movie theaters, indoor places of worship, and indoor museums. The Conservatory of flowers gearing up for this potential.
"We do have people who've purchased tickets in advance and we reached out to those people to work with them and refund or reschedule their visit as appropriate," said Mathew Stevens, Executive Director of the San Francisco Conservatory of flowers.
Gyms would only be allowed to open outdoors. An option Danielle Radkin says is not feasible for them
"They don't allow private training in the purple tier. I have a 4600 square foot facility that is just the ground floor. To tell me that I can't do one on one training so I can continue to make a living seems criminal," said Radkin, owner of CrossFit Golden Gate.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here. Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- COVID-19 risk calculator: The safest and most dangerous things to do this holiday season
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- Health experts urge flu shots in effort to avoid 'twindemic'
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- From salons to dinner parties: Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic