"What's funny is that I recognize a lot of the people in Pacifica here, surfing here," Graham said.
RELATED: Massive crowds flock to San Francisco beaches during scorching Bay Area heat wave
Graham said he and other surfers tried to tell law enforcement they only want to get to the water and not hangout on the beach but they were still turned around.
"Last time they closed Pacifica we tried to go surf and they wouldn't let us and we explained we're just trying to get to the water - they said you have to cross the beach - beach is closed," Graham said.
RELATED: Labor Day: Which Bay Area beaches are open and closed?
He supports Mayor London Breed's decision to close the parking lot at Ocean Beach after the heat combined with the three-day weekend brought hundreds of people.
Last night, over 1,000 people crowded on Ocean Beach to celebrate Burning Man. This was absolutely reckless & selfish. You are not celebrating. You are putting people's lives at risk. You are putting our progress at risk. No one is immune from spreading the virus.— London Breed (@LondonBreed) September 6, 2020
"I guess London Breed tweeted that there was a burning thing the other night and when I saw the footage, nobody had masks, nobody was six feet apart so I'm completely fine with that," Graham said.
Crowds came and left a mess.
VIDEO: Coronavirus Social Distancing: How far away is 6 feet?
San Francisco resident Jan Holyko picked up any trash she could carry.
"Well today it's horrible I mean look at all this garbage right here - this is the worst I've ever seen it," Holyko said.
Holyko fears this Labor Day will only bring more people and more trash.
"I'm sure, I mean look at the people here now - already. There's more people now than normally," Holyko said.
RELATED: Sizzling temperatures draw crowds to Stinson Beach, raising concern over social distancing
App users: For a better experience, click here to view the story in a new window
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic hereRELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- Watch list: Counties where COVID-19 is getting worse
- MAP: Everything that's open, forced to close in Bay Area
- Everything to know about CA's confusing reopening plan, summer shutdown and what comes next
- From salons to dinner parties:Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- Life after COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get aCOVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Experts compare face shield vs. face mask effectiveness
- COVID-19Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic