Garoppollo spoke about a moment when Mahomes visited him in the locker room in a show of support after Garoppolo tore his ACL in week 3 of the 2018 season.
When asked if Mahomes' visit to made an impression, Garoppolo responded, "I didn't even know Pat at the time. For him to come out of his way after the game and wish me luck and everything, just a real class act. The guy is awesome on the field, off the field. He does it all."
"For him to do something as simple as that, it went a long way," he added.
Jimmy G also addressed Richard Sherman, who is said to use any slights against him as motivation.
"Everyone has different ways to get motivated. Very similar to Sherm, I do the same thing. I hear all this stuff and everything, you can't put that all out there all the time. You have to do with it what you will and take it for what it is. At the end of the day, you gotta go out there and play football."
Take a look at the latest stories and videos about Super Bowl 2020 here.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- 7 things to know about San Francisco 49ers, Kansas City Chiefs match-up
- 49ers' Garoppolo vs Kansas City's Mahomes: What to know about Super Bowl duel between rising quarterbacks
- San Francisco 49ers-Kansas City Chiefs match-up a tossup at legal sports books
- Who is Jimmy Garoppolo? Here's what we know about the face of the 49ers
- Who is Raheem Mostert? Here's what to know about 49ers running back who stunned America in NFC Championship
- Lombardi Trophy Legacy: Timeline of San Francisco 49ers Super Bowls
- Packers vs. 49ers: Here's a brief history of their storied NFL playoff rivalry
- 49ers' George Kittle rocks autographed Jimmy Garoppolo shirt to post-game press conference