The school made clear that they do not have a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the community.
CORONAVIRUS: What to know about COVID-19 in California, how it's affecting San Francisco Bay Area
They were no able to speak with Public Health Sunday night or early Monday morning as the agency was closed, so officials made the decision at 6:15 a.m. to close school for the day.
School officials say they will work with public health officials to determine and follow appropriate protocols and follow up with additional information.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Coronavirus: Cancellations, suspensions and shortages related to the global virus outbreak
- Everything Americans need to know about coronavirus
- Coronavirus Prevention: How to properly wash your hands
- Busting COVID-19 coronavirus myths: Facts from the Centers for Disease Control
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Coronavirus Outbreak: 7 questions answered
- Is the new COVID-19 virus more 'deadly' than flu? Not exactly
- Coronavirus outbreak: Health expert shares tips for preparedness, emergency supply list to stay healthy
- Coronavirus: SF artist creates realistic-looking custom respirator masks that unlocks iPhones
- Coronavirus outbreak: SF doctor explains how to protect yourself, stay healthy
- Coronavirus: SF State educator addresses xenophobia in the Bay Area
- SF Mayor London Breed explains declaring state of emergency over coronavirus