RELATED: San Francisco couple gets married in empty church with more guests than expected amid COVID-19 pandemic
One beautiful example was Tuesday night when a San Jose couple became the first to ever become husband and wife, virtually, according to the Santa Clara County Clerk's office.
Bride and groom, Sarita Biswal and Love Singhal, respectively, were both working Silicon Valley tech jobs when they met, ironically enough, through an Indian matrimonial website in 2016.
The couple paid for their initial wedding ceremony on March 19th at Santa Clara County's wedding chapel but had to postpone it because of an earlier-existing state ordinance, requiring that marriages be performed in-person with the necessary witnesses.
But last month, California Governor Gavin Newsom issued an executive order, suspending the in-person requirement.
RELATED: Sunnyvale neighbors surprise couple with wedding impacted by COVID-19 pandemic
So the bride and groom were married via Zoom conference call by the Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors President, Cindy Chavez.
Chavez was the one who first wrote to Governor Newsom, asking for the rule change.
"Marriages have been halted in California," wrote Chavez.
"Thankfully, love endures so we must as a government respond to facilitate these commitments."
The best part, both bride and groom had their family and friends able to join the video call to witness their truly unforgettable day.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here. Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: How close was CA to becoming a NY-level crisis?
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- How California's COVID-19 cases stack up against other hot spot states
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Asian American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on African American community
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions