Dozens of pets unharmed after fire at boarding kennel in Redwood City

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- A holiday tragedy has been averted after a fire broke out inside a pet boarding hotel in Redwood City.

The fire broke out at the Wag Hotel on Hansen Way just after midnight. Firefighters say it was a small fire inside the buildings ventilation system

Nearly 100 pets were staying at the hotel for the holidays. The COO of Wag says no animals or people were injured.

Investigators are now working to learn what started the fire.

Copyright Β© 2022 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.