LIVE VIDEO: Track the rain on Live Doppler 7 radar
With the forecasted rain coming so late in the season, when the ground is already saturated, the Sonoma County Department of Emergency Management says there is significant risk for flash floods and mudslides across the county, especially in burn scar areas from the October 2017 wildfires.
RELATED: Bay Area super soaker from 'Atmospheric River' coming Wednesday
Watch the latest AccuWeather forecast and take a look at recent weather stories and videos.
Sonoma County braces for flash floods and mudslides! This rain is coming late in the season when the ground is already saturated... could be especially troublesome for burn scar and new home construction areas from the 2017 wildfires! pic.twitter.com/ZXgAZYg7ve— Kate Larsen (@KateABC7) February 13, 2019
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- TIPS: How do you recover from hydroplaning?
- TIPS: Here's how to use sandbags and prevent flooding
- How to prepare your home for winter storms
- VIDEO: A rare sight in the Bay Area - snow-covered hillsides and mountains!
- Snow blankets Bay Area peaks
- Fresh snowfall on Mount Diablo captivates Bay Area snow seekers