EDD SCAM: Insiders reveal how scammers are stealing millions in CA unemployment benefits
ABC7 in Los Angeles hosted a live stream Thursday with an expert from the National Employment Law Project, Michele Evermore.
Watch the video in the player above for the full Q&A.
RELATED EDD STORIES & VIDEOS HERE:
- EDD scam: Insiders reveal how scammers are stealing millions in CA unemployment benefits
- More unemployment checks on the way after California clears about 246,000 backlogged claims
- CA lawmakers grill EDD on system improvements, backlog of unprocessed claims
- CA EDD employee speaks out, says thousands losing unemployment benefits by mistake
- More than 3M Californians to receive lost wages assistance payments after weeks-long EDD reset ends
- East Bay woman watches via text as scammer drains EDD benefits
- Man reports fraud, EDD cuts off benefits to entire household
- EDD troubles 6 months later -- has anything improved?
- Are you getting mysterious EDD letters? Scammers file bogus claims using random addresses: 'It's scary'
- California lawmakers to conduct emergency audit of EDD
- DA explains how inmates at San Mateo County jail, including convicted murderers, got $250K in EDD benefits
- Jail inmates, including convicted murders, collect EDD benefits while unemployed Californians can't get them
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- California woman shares hack for getting through EDD's overloaded unemployment helpline
- Governor Gavin Newsom unveils new task force to tackle EDD backlog
- Out-of-work Californians finally receive benefits, only to be mysteriously cut off
- Unemployed workers share how they got through EDD system to finally receive benefits
- FAQ with EDD: From getting through on the phone to $600 payments, 7 On Your Side gets your questions answered
- Unemployment California: EDD mistakenly pays workers who still have jobs