EMERYVILLE, Calif. -- Employees of a biotechnology lab were mixing chemicals Monday afternoon in Emeryville when things got too hot, Alameda County Fire Department officials said.
Firefighters responded at 2:55 p.m. to the Joint BioEnergy Institute where a fire was contained to a fume hood, fire spokesperson Brian Centoni said.
A hazardous materials team was also called. Centoni said no one was injured and no one had to shelter in place.
A building was evacuated and sprinklers went off.
The hazmat team was evaluating some runoff as of late Monday afternoon.
Lab test leads to hazmat situation in Emeryville
More TOP STORIES News