Novato teacher Libby Silvestri watched the inauguration of President Joe Biden with her third grade class.
There were lots of observations from what people wore at the even to all the American flags.
RELATED: President Biden's inaugural address: Watch speech video, read transcript from Inauguration Day 2021
The students at Lu Sutton Elementary saw the pomp and circumstance and made a list of what stood out.
Many hoped it will bring hope and unity and a possible return to "normal" life with an end to the pandemic.
Eighth graders at Willie Brown Middle School in San Francisco have been busy on a video project, about what issues the new president needs to tackle -- from animal rights to equal pay for workers.
RELATED INAUGURATION STORIES & VIDEOS:
- President Biden's inaugural address: Watch speech video, read transcript from Inauguration Day 2021
- LA poet Amanda Gorman, 22, recites 'The Hill We Climb' at inauguration ceremony
- Why are there 49 vice presidents and 46 presidents?
- Joe Biden Life, Timeline: Family, career, path to the White House
- First official act: Joe Biden signing executive orders on pandemic, climate, immigration
- Kamala Harris: Watch her journey from Berkeley to become 1st Black, Asian woman elected to vice presidency
- Kamala Harris' sorority sisters reflect on their friend's historic journey
- Donald Trump leaves White House for last time as president, says departure 'not a long term goodbye'
- Read the letters outgoing Presidents left for their successors in the Oval Office
- How the Bush family handled their presidential transitions of power
- @POTUS Twitter account to be transferred to Joe Biden, but no followers
- Trump joins these other presidents who have skipped inaugurations
- The long, painful road that brought President-elect Biden to Oval Office
- How White House staff moves one president in, another out in just 5 hours