One group decided to make it "Chucks and Pearls" Day.
RELATED: Watch her journey from Berkeley to become 1st Black, Asian woman elected to vice presidency
Vice President Harris was the first to come up with this iconic style of converse sneakers and pearls.
She even appeared on the cover of Vogue magazine wearing the peculiar combination.
RELATED INAUGURATION STORIES & VIDEOS:
- President Biden's inaugural address: Watch speech video, read transcript from Inauguration Day 2021
- LA poet Amanda Gorman, 22, recites 'The Hill We Climb' at inauguration ceremony
- Why are there 49 vice presidents and 46 presidents?
- Joe Biden Life, Timeline: Family, career, path to the White House
- First official act: Joe Biden signing executive orders on pandemic, climate, immigration
- Kamala Harris: Watch her journey from Berkeley to become 1st Black, Asian woman elected to vice presidency
- Kamala Harris' sorority sisters reflect on their friend's historic journey
- Donald Trump leaves White House for last time as president, says departure 'not a long term goodbye'
- Read the letters outgoing Presidents left for their successors in the Oval Office
- How the Bush family handled their presidential transitions of power
- @POTUS Twitter account to be transferred to Joe Biden, but no followers
- Trump joins these other presidents who have skipped inaugurations
- The long, painful road that brought President-elect Biden to Oval Office
- How White House staff moves one president in, another out in just 5 hours