• BREAKING NEWS Former 49ers DE Ray McDonald arrested again
  • BREAKING NEWS Carjacking suspect arrested in Antioch standoff; hostages freed
  • BREAKING NEWS Warriors to face Rockets in Game 5 of Western Conference Finals at 6 PM -- #DubsOn7 Playoff Central

Firefighters put out fire sparked by gas meter in San Jose

Firefighters have knocked down a blaze that was sparked from a gas meter on the outside of a building in San Jose.
Firefighters contained a one-alarm structure fire that caused road closures in San Jose this morning, according to San Jose fire officials.

A gas line burst in a two story office building in the 1900 block of the Alameda and caught fire at 3:54 a.m., a fire official said.

The blaze was contained at 4:42 a.m., while southbound lanes of The Alameda from Hedding Street to McKendrie Street have been closed temporarily for cleanup efforts, according to fire officials.

No injuries were reported.
Related Topics:
news building fire fire gas fumes gas leak San Jose
(Copyright 2015 by Bay City News, Inc. Republication, re-transmission or reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. Is prohibited.)

Load Comments