Ten tips for choosing a reliable pet sitter:
- Locate a pet sitter in your area using a reputable source
- Diligently check all of the company's references - at least three should be voluntarily provided
- Ensure the company is fully bonded and insured
- Confirm that your sitter has undergone a criminal background check and has received proper training
- Pre-interview sitter with your pet(s) present to observe interactions and establish a "comfort level" for both you and the pet(s)
- Clearly state how you would like the sitter to use his/her visit time in terms of walking, playing, feeding, cleaning, etc.
- Verify that the sitter can accommodate both your pet's daily feeding and walking schedule as well as your desired vacation schedule, even during the busiest holidays
- Ensure the company offers 7-day per week telephone and email availability
- Provide medical and behavioral history about your pet(s) as well as veterinary and other emergency contact information, and gather all necessary supplies, including food, vitamins, and treats in one central location
- Ensure the company has "backup" measures in place should your sitter have an emergency that prevents them from completing your assignment
Take that long vacation you've been waiting for, or simply go to work each day with the peace of mind that your pet is getting the nurturing care and exercise they deserve from a professional pet sitter you can trust. Fetch! Pet Care offers a wide range of services to meet your specific needs and budget. We advocate in-home sitting, as it maintains a stable environment and routine for your pets.
Fetch! Pet Care has significantly raised the bar by setting a new industry standard in pet sitting and dog walking services. Prior to our inception, pet sitting services were largely provided by independent one or two person operations that often quickly booked up, accommodated a limited area, offered a limited range of services, didn't have emergency backups or insurance, weren't professionally trained, and often got overworked or otherwise burned out.
Fetch! Pet Care, however, offers professional, reliable, loving care to animals of all kinds, a large professionally trained staff always available wherever and whenever you need them most, a wide range of service offerings, and a satisfaction guarantee that, all combined, are simply unmatched in the field.
Fetch! Pet Care's comprehensive in-home pet sitting services are a humane alternative for pet owners reluctant to kennel board their animals due to the typically small, crowded cages, the inherent risk for contracting kennel cough or other airborne diseases, the fear that their pets will suffer from depression, anxiety and/or lack of exercise, and for the need to book well in advance due to limited space.