Makes 2 dozen
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup mini Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips (for dipping)
- Thoroughly cream sugar and butter.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Add Chocolate Chips Turn out onto a surface floured with remaining 1/2 cup of flour.
- Knead dough until it cracks on surface. Roll out 1/4-inch thick and cut out with cutters.
- Prick cookies with fork tines and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 275° for about 45 to 55 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Let cool completely. If desired, melt remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips in microwave oven at 50% power at 40 second intervals.
- Stir each time to check for the chocolate to thoroughly melt and not burn.
- Dip or drizzle each cookie with melted chocolate.
- Set on parchment paper until chocolate sets.