2008 Parajaxx Napa Valley Rose -- $23
- Inviting aromatics and a food-friendly structure highlighted by a smooth, rich entry, delicious fruit and bright acidity.
- The aromas are pretty and inviting with refreshing layers of organic strawberry,red cherry, watermelon and flint.
- Consistent from start to long, lingering finish, with the strawberry and red cherryelements echoed on the palate alongside hints of Asian clove spice.
- Served with a salad of blood orange, feta, pomegranate and kalamata olives. Those are big, vibrant flavors, but they work together, and with the wine, beautifully.
- Dense color with a red cherry hue.
- Aromas of plum, chocolate and cherry pie accentuated by hints of violet, clove,cinnamon spice and vanilla bean.
- Bright red fruit flavors of Bing cherry, strawberry and raspberry, contrasted by dark and compelling layers of blueberry, mocha and molasses.
- Great structure with smooth, fine tannins, a black pepper mid-palate and long nutmeg and red currant finish.
- Paired with cola-glazed ham and a blackberry jam & pepper biscuit. It's fantastic!
Little ducklings Gift Pack $85
- Half bottle of Duckhorn Vineyards Merlot, Goldeneye Pinot Noir and Paraduxx Napa Valley Red Wine.
- 2 Vintages of Paraduxx
Friday through Sunday, 1 p.m. $50 per person
Explore the relationship between delicious food and unique wines in this engaging and interactive food pairing experience. The semi-private tasting begins with a tour of the Estate and concludes with an elaborate array of dishes paired perfectly with our wines. All food ingredients will be organic and local whenever possible. This experience is offered at 1pm Friday through Sunday. $50 per person, limited to groups of up to 12 people.
The Blend Experience
Thursday through Sunday, 10:30 a.m. $40 per person
Have you ever wanted to be a winemaker? Test your palate and try your hand at the art of the blend, as you learn about the Paraduxx blending process in this fun and fascinating seminar. During this lively, hands-on experience, you will be guided through a component tasting of the three core varietals that make up Paraduxx. After sampling the pure elemental flavors of each, and learning how we create the Paraduxx blend, you will have the rare opportunity to create your own blend. The Blend Experience culminates in a private sit-down tasting.
Howell Mountain Experience
Representing the pinnacle of our Paraduxx hospitality program, our Howell Mountain Experience is a private and fully customizable tour and tasting celebrating one of Napa Valley's most storied and picturesque winegrowing regions.
Guided by your own personal wine educator, this intimate experience begins at either of our Napa Valley Estates for a light breakfast reception. Next, your guide will take you on a short trip to Howell Mountain in one of our comfortable four-wheel-drive vehicles for a memorable exploration of our two high-elevation Estate vineyards.
As you savor sweeping views of the valley below, your host will explain the history of this remarkable region and the philosophy behind our in-house farming practices.
This one-of-a-kind experience is completely customizable, allowing for in-depth education and lunch options, ranging from al fresco picnics to elegant, multi-course, wine-paired meals on the mountain. Your tour concludes back at the winery for a tasting of our small-production wines sourced from Howell Mountain.
A prior appointment is required. To create your own unique Howell Mountain Experience, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing, availability and customizable options.
In order to provide special attention to all of our guests, we require larger groups of 9 or more people to make arrangements prior to visiting the winery. If you have any questions, or if you would like to request a group visit, please email email@example.com or contact us at 866-367-9943.
About David Marchesi:
David is the winemaker for Napa Valley's Paraduxx winery, which is part of the acclaimed Duckhorn WineCompany.