Juni Learning is a San Francisco-based online learning academy. The company focuses in computer science and math. It's preparing to expand to other subjects, including English.
Co-founder Vivan Shen said the company plans to hire 500 to 600 instructors within the next three to six months.
"Even starting back in March, we saw a ton of new families looking for support with school," said Shen. "Most of our employees are actually part time. So if you can only do 10 to 20 hours while you are potentially learning another skill set, or you just need a little bit of a side income while you're in school or something like that, it's a really flexible option."
Juni Learning was founded as a virtual company in 2017, before the popularization of distance learning. Instructors live all over the country. Flexibility is part of the job requirements. Instructors must also pass a live teaching test and be an expert in their subject matter.
Shen said, "If you're teaching computer science, if you're teaching Python, you should probably know how to use Python yourself. The second piece of that is the soft skills that comes with being a great instructor. Programming or really any kind of learning is about making mistakes and how you recover from them."
For more information on open positions with Juni Learning, click here
THURSDAY'S FEATURED JOB:
- Role: Computer Science Instructor Summer/Fall 2020
- Duties: Teach curriculum developed by Juni Learning to kids and teenagers.
- Requirements: College-level coursework in computer science, experience working with young students and track record in improving student outcomes.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- Watch list: Counties where COVID-19 is getting worse
- MAP: Everything that's open, forced to close in Bay Area
- Everything to know about CA's confusing reopening plan, summer shutdown and what comes next
- From salons to dinner parties: Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- Life after COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Experts compare face shield vs. face mask effectiveness
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic