Live

Sean 'Diddy' Combs sentencing live updates: Combs gets 50 months in prison

Prosecutors argue Combs deserves at least 11 years in prison.

KGO logo
Last updated: Saturday, October 4, 2025 3:23AM GMT
Sean Diddy Combs gets 50 months in prison

NEW YORK -- Rap mogul Sean "Diddy" Combs was sentenced on Friday to more than four years in prison after a jury found him guilty of two counts of transportation to engage in prostitution in July.

He gets credit for time served since his arrest. Combs has already spent 12 months at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn.

Before his sentence was handed down, Combs tearfully addressed the court and apologized to victims, his children and other domestic violence survivors and begged the judge for mercy.

Federal prosecutors argued Combs deserved at least 11 years in prison, while Combs' attorneys sought time served. Combs has been in custody since his September 2024 arrest.

(ABC News and The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

ABCNews logo
Oct 02, 2025, 8:35 PM GMT

Judge allows victim impact statement from 'Mia'

A woman who testified under the pseudonym "Mia" about allegedly being sexually assaulted by Sean Combs will be able to speak during the rap mogul's sentencing.

Judge Arun Subramanian granted prosecutors' request that Mia deliver a victim impact statement, over the objections of Combs' lawyers.

Sean "Diddy" Combs is opposing a prosecution request to allow a woman who testified under the pseudonym "Mia" to deliver a victim impact statement.

"Though the defense argues that Mia has been discredited, it doesn't explain why she should be excluded given that the defense will of course be afforded a 'fair opportunity to respond' to any remarks that Mia offers," he wrote.

Mia worked as Combs' personal assistant between 2009 and 2017. During trial, she described abusive work conditions and that Combs sexually assaulted her on multiple occasions. Defense lawyers argued that Mia lied about the alleged abuse.

Oct 02, 2025, 8:35 PM GMT

Diddy's ex says she was never sex trafficked, was 'pressured to feel like a victim'

One day before Sean "Diddy" Combs' sentencing, the rap mogul's former girlfriend is pushing back on prosecutors' claims that she was sex trafficked or involved in prostitution.

Virginia Huynh -- the ex-girlfriend identified as "Victim 3" in the indictment and "Gina" during the trial -- told Judge Arun Subramanian in a letter that she was "pressured to feel like a victim" by prosecutors and she believes Combs should be released to his family.

"I told them I was not but they insisted that I was, even when I expressed my truth otherwise," she wrote, referring to prosecutors. "I understand they concluded that I had been sex trafficked and involved in 'forced prostitution.' I did not agree with that conclusion. I was not trafficked. I did not engage in prostitution with him or others."

Prosecutors initially planned to call Huynh as a witness during Combs' trial this summer, but later said they were unable to reach her. Other witnesses testified she was in a relationship with Combs while he was dating Cassie Ventura, and one witness said he witnessed Combs being violent to her in 2015.

Oct 02, 2025, 8:35 PM GMT

Judge denies Sean 'Diddy' Combs' bid to overturn conviction before Friday sentencing

The judge in Sean "Diddy" Combs' case denied his attempt to overturn his conviction before his sentencing on Friday, according to court documents obtained by ABC News.

Judge Arun Subramanian rejected the motion on Tuesday.

The decision comes as federal prosecutors said in a memo to the judge this week that the music mogul deserves at least 11 years in prison when he is sentenced Friday on two counts of transportation for the purposes of prostitution, arguing that despite his acquittal on more serious charges, Combs is "unrepentant" and left victims in fear.

The recommendation is far in excess of what defense attorneys sought, which amounts to about time served.

ABCNews logo
Oct 02, 2025, 8:35 PM GMT

Prosecutors seek over 11 years in prison for Sean 'Diddy' Combs

Prosecutors urged a New York federal judge to send Sean "Diddy" Combs to prison for over 11 years following his conviction on prostitution-related charges, citing one of his accusers who said she lives in fear of the music mogul's release from detention.

They filed their sentencing recommendation, including letters from some of his accusers describing how his violence and demands had impacted their lives.

They called Combs "unrepentant" and said Combs had conceded his acts of violence and abuse throughout his trial but "incredibly, ... he now argues that his victims should shoulder the blame."