Cigarette thrown on dry grass believed to have sparked fire at festival in Temple, Texas

KTRK logo
Monday, October 17, 2022
Grass fire damages over 70 cars at fall festival in Temple, Texas
The Bell County Marshal's Office said it is believed a cigarette that someone threw in the dry grass is what sparked the fire.

TEMPLE, Texas -- More than 70 cars were damaged by a grass fire just outside of Temple, Texas, and video we obtained shows just how much damage was made.

The cars were parked in a grassy field at the Robinson Family Farm's fall festival celebration on Saturday.

According to the Bell County Fire Marshal's Office, it is believed the blaze was sparked by a cigarette that someone threw in the dry grass.

Bell County is currently under a burn ban because of extreme drought conditions.

Fortunately, no one was injured.

The farm is family owned, and according to its website, opens seasonally for Easter, a pumpkin patch and for precut Christmas tree sales.