Stephen Curry put on a shooting clinic Sunday evening, hitting 16 3-pointers and scoring 50 points, while LeBron James hit an absurd, one-legged turnaround jumper to clinch the victory for Team LeBron over Team Durant 163-160.
On a night when the NBA honored its 75 greatest players, two of them -- Curry and James -- put on displays worthy of the occasion.
Curry was eventually named All-Star Game MVP for the first time in his illustrious career.
James (Los Angeles Lakers) and Kevin Durant (Brooklyn Nets) were the captains of the two teams in this year's All-Star Game. Both players picked their respective teams, a format the league first instituted in 2018, and the draft was packed with memorable quotes and a peculiar player selection.
Here's the best from Cleveland:
MORE: Play ESPN's All-Star Challenge
The Los Angeles Lakers might have to trade for LeBron James this summer. James has rather clearly been offended by Lakers' management twice over the past two weeks.
He has been hammering the team's knuckles with rounds of trademark passive-aggressive maneuvers since, both on social media and in news conferences.
Brian Windhorst: LeBron's messaging for Lakers
In a game that saw 323 total points and 121 shots launched from beyond the arc, which stars shined brightest in Cleveland? We're grading every participant for Team LeBron and Team Durant.
Kevin Pelton: Grades for starters and reserves
Following the conclusion of the trade deadline, James and Durantdrafted their All-Star teams. Milwaukee'sGiannis Antetokounmpo went first overall to Team LeBron. Since James got the first pick, the last two starters, Trae Young and Andrew Wiggins, went to Team Durant.
The final remaining reserve, James Harden, went to Team LeBron after Durant chose to draft Rudy Gobert over his former teammate. The rosters for each team are below, in the order they were drafted.
Coach: Erik Spoelstra and staff, Miami Heat
Joel Embiid, C, Philadelphia 76ers
Ja Morant, G, Memphis Grizzlies
Jayson Tatum, Boston Celtics*
Trae Young, G, Atlanta Hawks
Andrew Wiggins, F, Golden State Warriors
* Tatum will take Durant's place as a starter for the game
Devin Booker, Phoenix Suns
Karl-Anthony Towns, Minnesota Timberwolves
Zach LaVine, Chicago Bulls
Dejounte Murray*, San Antonio Spurs
Khris Middleton, Milwaukee Bucks
LaMelo Ball*, Charlotte Hornets
Rudy Gobert, Utah Jazz
*Commissioner Adam Silver named Ball and Murray as injury replacements for Durant and Draymond Green.
Coach: Monty Williams and staff, Phoenix Suns
LeBron James, C, Los Angeles Lakers
Giannis Antetokounmpo, F, Milwaukee Bucks
Stephen Curry, G, Golden State Warriors
DeMar DeRozan, G, Chicago Bulls
Nikola Jokic, F, Denver Nuggets
Luka Doncic, Dallas Mavericks
Darius Garland, Cleveland Cavaliers
Chris Paul, Phoenix Suns
Jimmy Butler, Miami Heat
Donovan Mitchell, Utah Jazz
Fred VanVleet, Toronto Raptors
James Harden, Philadelphia 76ers*
* Cleveland Cavaliers' Jarrett Allen will serve in place of the injured Harden.
After finishing second last season, the New York Knicks' Obi Toppin won the dunk contest, while Minnesota Timberwolves starKarl-Anthony Townsbecame the first big man since 2012 to capture the 3-point contest crown. And in a retooled skills challenge, Team Cavs -- Jarrett Allen, Darius Garland and Evan Mobley -- gave the home fans a show.
Kevin Pelton: Grading every event during All-Star Saturday
When it comes to the title of greatest player in All-Star Game history, it's not always about scoring points. Or is it? Kevin Pelton looks at who's done that the best over their careers.
The Rising Stars Challenge became the latest part of All-Star Weekend to undergo a format change, and it was a success. The event, which features the top first- and second-year NBA players, employed an entirely new format this season. Rather than just being one game involving those players, like in years past, there were four seven-man rosters coached by Hall of Famers Isiah Thomas, Rick Barry, James Worthy and Gary Payton. Three games were played -- two semifinal matchups to 50, and a championship game to 25, in a nod to the league celebrating its 75th anniversary this season.
Kevin Pelton: Grading Cade Cunningham, Jalen Green and every player in the Rising Stars
The Rising Stars Challenge featured the presence of G League Ignite players for the first time in the annual showcase for its stars of tomorrow as part of All-Star Weekend.
- Cade Cunningham, Detroit Pistons
- Dyson Daniels
- Evan Mobley, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Isaac Okoro, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Alperen Sengun, Houston Rockets
- Jae'Sean Tate, Houston Rockets
- Franz Wagner, Orlando Magic
- Precious Achiuwa, Toronto Raptors
- Desmond Bane, Memphis Grizzlies
- Saddiq Bey, Detroit Pistons
- Anthony Edwards, Minnesota Timberwolves
- Tyrese Haliburton, Indiana Pacers
- Jaden Hardy
- Isaiah Stewart, Detroit Pistons
- LaMelo Ball, Charlotte Hornets
- Scottie Barnes, Toronto Raptors
- Ayo Dosunmu, Chicago Bulls
- Chris Duarte, Indiana Pacers
- Scoot Henderson
- Jaden McDaniels, Minnesota Timberwolves
- Davion Mitchell, Sacramento Kings
- Cole Anthony, Orlando Magic
- MarJon Beauchamp
- Josh Giddey, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Jalen Green, Houston Rockets
- Herbert Jones, New Orleans Pelicans
- Tyrese Maxey, Philadelphia 76ers
- Jalen Suggs, Orlando Magic
One change that easily catches the eye of basketball fans and TV viewers is the ever growing number of uniform combinations that have been worn for the All-Star Game throughout the years. Check 'em out here.
How do I watch?
NBA All-Star Celebrity Game
- When: 7 p.m. ET on Friday, Feb. 18
- TV: ESPN
- Live Stream: ESPN App
NBA Rising Stars Challenge
- When: 9 p.m. ET on Friday, Feb. 18
- TV: TNT
NBA All-Star Saturday Night
- When: 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, Feb. 19
- TV: TNT
NBA All-Star G League Next Gem Game
- When: 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, Feb. 20
- TV: NBA TV
NBA All-Star Game
- When: 8 p.m. ET on Sunday, Feb. 20
- TV: TNT
Before captains LeBron James and Kevin Durant picked their squads, several All-Stars were supported by social media campaigns to help ensure their spot on the roster (Phoenix Suns guard Devin Booker received a loving endorsement from Kendall Jenner). These posts targeted fans, who accounted for 50% of the final All-Star vote that determined the starters. Check out some of the memorable efforts.
Which player having a historic season got snubbed? Our NBA Insiders break down the All-Star storylines and surprise picks.
2022 All-Star news and analysis
- Stephen Curry hits 16 3s to win All-Star Game MVP
- ESPN's experts make their picks for skills challenges and ASG
- From short shorts to 90s flare to sleeves and more: ASG uniform designs
- Mailbag: Who is the greatest player in All-Star Game history?
- Pelton: Grading every player in Rising Stars Challenge
- Rookie Power Rankings: All-Star comps for 2021-22 freshmen class
- Tiffany & Co. and Daniel Arsham release limited-edition basketball
- KD avoids selecting Harden in ASG draft
- Giannis teams up with family for revamped skills challenge on Saturday
- LaMelo Ball, Dejounte Murray named to ASG as injury replacements
- Inaugural NBA HBCU Classic to air on ESPN, TNT as part of ASG weekend
- Miami Heat's Erik Spoelstra to coach Team Durant in ASG
- Insiders debate: Who is the biggest All-Star snub?
- Darius Garland, Fred VanVleet to make first All-Star appearance
- Newly redesigned Kobe Bryant Trophy revealed for ASG MVP
- Draymond Green says he'll miss ASG, aims to return in 3-4 weeks
- NBA includes players from G League Ignite for Rising Stars Challenge
- Heat's Erik Spoelstra to coach Team Durant in ASG
- Suns coach Monty Williams tabbed to lead Team LeBron James
- NBA announces new format for Rising Stars Challenge game
- LeBron James surges past Stephen Curry in All-Star voting
Obi Toppin puts on a show to win 2022 slam dunk contest
Knicks' Obi Toppin throws down some impressive dunks en route to winning the 2022 slam dunk contest.
LeBron, KD have a laugh as Harden picked last in All-Star draft
LeBron James and Kevin Durant have a laugh as James Harden ends up being the last pick in the All-Star draft.
Andrew Wiggins among players to be named to West All-Star starters
Andrew Wiggins is among the players to be named to the 2022 NBA Western Conference All-Star starters.
LaMelo Ball, Jarrett Allen highlight 2022 All-Star snubs
Check out some of the highlights from LaMelo Bell, Jarrett Allen, Anthony Edwards and Jaylen Brown, who weren't selected to the All-Star Game.
KAT catches fire in final round to win 3-point contest
Karl-Anthony Towns posts 29 points in the final round to win the Mountain Dew 3-Point Contest.
LeBron James hits 2022 All-Star Game-winner in front of Cleveland crowd
Hometown hero LeBron James drains the fadeaway shot to win the 2022 All-Star Game for his team.
Steph Curry sets ASG record with 16 3s in 50-point performance
Steph Curry goes off for an amazing 16 3-pointers in his 50-point performance in a win for Team LeBron.