Flea Market Tips:
- Wear comfortable clothing. A t-shirt, a hat, comfy shoes and jacket. Definitely dress warm by layering and be sure to be incognito. You don't want people knowing if you have any money.
- Come early as early as possible versus coming late. As a general rule you'll want to come early to haggle the best deals.
- You can definitely get deals so don't be afraid to haggle. Keep money stuffed in different pockets. Keep 20's, 10's, a couple ones here and there and not all in one big wad. Make sure you have cash because most places don't take a credit card and even some won't take a check.
- You might want to have a check or two stuffed in your wallet or in your purse just in case you find an expensive item you have to have.
- It can be hard to find your way through a flea market. Pay attention to the little letters that are on every isle, they help you figure out where you are.
- Remember where you bought your item because sometimes they might hold it and even help you to the car with it. So at the end of the day you can round up your things and you're on your way.
- There are lots of eco-friendly aspect of shopping at a flea market. You're repurposing vintage and antiques that have a whole lot more personality than if you buy something new in a store. Plus they'll be less expensive than what you pay in a store.
Featured in this segment:
Wick Design Group
1616 16th Street, Ste. 370
SF, CA 94103