David and Rey Bocanegra told Inside Edition that they have not spoken with their sister since her arrest last month, for the kidnapping of /*Jaycee Dugard*/.
While the brothers say they do not excuse the alleged crime -- they believe Nancy was brainwashed by her husband, /*Phillip Garrido*/.
"I think that she was a victim. Just like everyone else was a victim of Phillip Garrido. scared, brainwashed, whatever he did to her," said Nancy Garrido's brother Rey Bocanegra.
Investigators say /*Nancy Garrido*/ was the one who snatched Jaycee Dugard off the street, 18 years ago in Lake Tahoe.
The brothers say her lawyer has told them she is starting to cooperate with authorities.
- PHOTOS: Inside the Garrido home
- PHOTOS: Jaycee Dugard case
- RAW VIDEO: Witness talks about Michaela Garecht kidnapping
- Garrido's 1976 Reno rape police report (88 pages)
- Phillip Garrido's criminal history timeline (2 pages)
- LINK: FBI podcast about solving Dugard's case
- PHOTOS: Jaycee Lee Dugard's daughters
- RAW VIDEO: UC Berkeley press conference
- RAW VIDEO: Garridos in court
- AUDIO: Phillip Garrido Jailhouse interview
- RAW VIDEO: Contra Costa Co. Sheriff's Dept. press conference
- RAW VIDEO: El Dorado County press conference
- RAW VIDEO: Dept. of Corrections press conference
- ABC7 EXTRA: Reaction from Dugard's stepfather
- Lawyer: Jaycee Dugard has mixed emotions
- Massive search at Garrido home ends
- Investigators dig for clues at Phillip Garrido's property
- Cadaver dogs point to spot on Garrido property
- Sole witness recalls Michaela Garecht kidnapping 20 years later
- Garrido home searched in separate high-profile abductions
- Jaycee's aunt: "We laughed and cried together"
- Police believe Garrido kidnapped girl in 1972
- Old police records foreshadow kidnappings
- Garrido's 1976 rape victim talks to GMA
- Abduction invokes saga of Elizabeth Smart
- 29 charges filed against kidnapping suspects
- Garrido's father: "He's absolutely out of his mind"
- UC Berkeley police broke Dugard case
- Tahoe girl kidnapped in 1991 found alive
Mailing address (for cards and letters)
c/o McGregor Scott, Esq.
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe
400 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814