Dennis says he is hoping for vote recounts in several tight races, including the states of Wisconsin, Michigan and parts of Pennsylvania.
WATCH: President-elect Joe Biden addresses nation for 1st time since projected win
The local party chairman also thinks these election results are likely to go to the court system for arguments.
"This is not done," Dennis emphasized, "no, this is not done, by any stretch of the imagination."
RELATED: Will Trump concede? What's next for president after 2020 presidential election
"If we go through the process and we find that Joe Biden's the winner, then that's it, we just move forward, move on, do the best we can," the chairman said. "I think it's a tragic choice."
Dennis added that if election results ultimately show Biden is the winner, he believes President Trump will concede graciously.
RELATED: Trump lost, but Trumpism did not
"I think it's possible it could happen, but I think there's a strong chance the president pulls this out," Dennis said. "But if in fact he gets everything he wants and finds out he lost, I think you'll be surprised for how gracious he is."
Get the latest stories and videos about the 2020 election here.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live running updates on presidential election, CA, Bay Area
- Joe Biden is set to become the next president of the US, vowing new direction for divided country
- Watch Kamala Harris' journey to become 1st Black, Asian woman elected to vice presidency
- How to pronounce Kamala Harris' name and what it means
- Who would replace Sen. Kamala Harris if she becomes vice president?
- Dance parties, celebrations across US as Biden characterized as apparent president-elect
- Joe Biden set to be president: Notable reactions from America, world
- Poll Results: Biden set to be president, how long will it take to unite country?
- Trump faces tough road in getting Supreme Court to intervene in 2020 presidential election results
- How many electoral votes does each state have?
- Here's how presidential transition process works after an election
- CA propositions: Election results for the 2020 ballot measures
- 2020 CA election results by county, propositions, electoral college votes
- Map shows biggest Trump, Biden donors in SF Bay Area
- Map: These Bay Area precincts voted for Donald Trump in 2016
- What is voter suppression?