ABC7's Building a Better Bay Area Back to School week confronts the many challenges Bay Area schools, students and families are facing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
RELATED: Building a Better Bay Area: Back to School
On Wednesday, multiple experts sat down with ABC7's Lyanne Melendez to give some insight on how to keep high school and middle school students motivated while distance learning.
Some of the advice included helpful tips on how to help your child when they feel lonely, anxious or depressed during this unprecedented time. One expert said to create a safe learning space for your child that is inviting.
Watch their full conversation in the video player above.
Go here for a look at more learning resources.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- MAINTAINING LEARNING: Free educational resources for kids stuck at home
- Here's which CA counties can reopen schools and salons amid COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 learning pods: Here's how they work and what Bay Area schools say about them
- New 'learning hub' program could help thousands of SF students with distance learning this fall
- CDC releases new guidance for reopening schools
- South Bay mother desperate for in-person learning options for son with special needs, fears delay in his progress
- California 'racing against the clock' to close digital divide before school starts, state superintendent says
Check out more stories and videos about Building a Better Bay Area.