The theme park has been allowing visitors inside since July for their animal displays but has been unable to reopen the rides until California modified the restrictions.
RELATED: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is set to reopen its rides
In addition to requiring masks and offering copious hand sanitizer stations, the park has also installed a thermal imaging tunnel to check temperatures upon arrival. They will also be limiting capacity on the rides.
"We will be enforcing social distancing on the trains themselves," said Kirk Smith, director of marketing at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.
He said their goal is to offer the same experience as before the pandemic.
RELATED: California theme parks can soon reopen, but please don't scream on the rides, industry group asks
"That's what Discovery Kingdom provides, is that escape mechanisms," said Smith.
Tickets must be purchased prior to arrival. Once in the park, all transactions will be cashless. Overall capacity will be limited to 15% but could increase as Solano County moves into less restrictive tiers.
VACCINE TRACKER: How California is doing, when you can get a coronavirus vaccine
Having trouble loading the tracker above? Click here to open it in a new window.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map shows which counties can, can't reopen under reopening tiers
- Cheat sheet: What you can and can't do after being fully vaccinated
- CA COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker: See your status here
- These CA counties are way ahead in vaccinations
- How to register for a COVID-19 vaccine in every Bay Area county
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- Interactive map shows what's closed and what's reopening in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Data tracker: Coronavirus cases, deaths, hospitalizations in every Bay Area county
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- Get the latest updates on California EDD, stimulus checks, unemployment benefits
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic