SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- "Let's pump some blood into this bloodline of our city," said one diner who took his family to Pizza Flora in downtown San Jose, mere hours after Governor Newsom lifted the stay at home order.
"Once I heard Santa Clara County officially announced outdoor dining was legit I came out immediately," said Jake McClusky, a bartender who hopes many others will come out this weekend to support their local restaurants.
RELATED: California lifts regional stay at home order
The owner of Pizza Flora was grateful for the support and quick to bust out his outdoor tables.
"We were happy to take it and run with it and we had everything ready to be set up," said Ryan Summers.
For other restaurants, re-opening won't be as simple. With cooler temperatures and rain on the way, many spots will have to re-think their outdoor setup.
RELATED: Here's what can change in every Bay Area county now that shelter orders are lifted
"Check with your operator, check their social media, check their websites. Give them a call to see if they're going to be open. If they are, please come and put some money in their pockets," said Nate LeBlanc with the San Jose Downtown Business Association.
LeBlanc said many of his members are happy with the opening but wished there was a little more notice.
Other businesses that can also open outdoors are bars, wineries, gyms, gatherings of up to 200 people, non-contact sports.
Services like hair and nail salons can book limited appointments.
And no more curfews.
But, the recommended 10-day quarantine will remain for anyone traveling into the county from more than 120 miles away.
Finally, a warning from public health officials, as case and hospitalization rates in the county remain one of the highest in California - "We are still nowhere near out of the woods," said James Williams, counsel for Santa Clara County, "This is not a time for our community to be less vigilant."
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- From COVID-19 to Black Lives Matter, these 13 people defined the Bay Area in 2020
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- CALCULATOR: Find out how many people may get a COVID-19 vaccine before you
- VIDEO: When will I get the COVID-19 vaccine? We explain who goes 1st
- COVID-19 risk calculator: The safest and most dangerous things to do this holiday season
- Want to get a COVID-19 test in time for the holidays? Here's what you need to know
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- Health experts urge flu shots in effort to avoid 'twindemic'
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic