This is some good news but there still is a whole lot of smoke and haze in our atmosphere on Saturday
High level smoke at about 4,000 feet will continue to adversely affect our air quality.
RELATED: 'Worst day in the forecast': Bay Area getting hit with smoke, heat, dangerous winds
Sensors are indicating moderate to poor air quality on Saturday, but on Sunday unhealthy levels are predicted in the North Bay and East Bay Valleys.
In addition, gusty winds up to 30 mph will continue to fan the flames of the Glass Fire making for another day of critical fire weather despite the slightly cooler coastal temperatures and wind shift Saturday.
A Red Flag Warning has been reissued for the North Bay mountains overnight as warm, dry and locally gusty conditions persist, the National Weather Service announced on Saturday afternoon.
RED FLAG WARNING reissued for the North Bay mountains effective immediately and valid through 6am Sunday.— NWS Bay Area (@NWSBayArea) October 3, 2020
Todays clearing smoke allowed for very hot, dry conditions to develop in N Bay. Gusty northwest winds returned with the sharp temperature gradient. #GlassFire @CALFIRELNU
App users: For a better experience, click here to view the full map in a new window
Sunday will be cooler everywhere and winds should bring better moisture content in the early morning and overnight even in the hills, but air quality will still be hazy
RELATED: 'You can cut it with a knife': Thick smoke keeping Bay Area temperatures cooler during trifecta of dangerous weather
Air Quality will slowly improve as breezy south winds take over to start the work week.
A significant pattern change is still anticipated the end of the week for possible rain and temperatures below season averages.
Watch ABC7 News Meteorologist Drew Tuma's air quality forecast in the media player above.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Dramatic photos capture orange, hazy skies seen all across San Francisco Bay Area
- BEFORE AND AFTER: DRONEVIEW7 captures shocking transition to orange San Francisco skies
- VIDEOS: Apocalyptic orange skies seen across Bay Area from wildfire smoke
- Purifiers and filters: Air quality experts share tips for taking safety to next level
- Tips for protecting your eyes from wildfire smoke, bad air quality
- How wildfire smoke can impact your health
- What's in wildfire smoke? How it can impact your health
- Here are all the fires burning in the Bay Area right now
- Track wildfires across Bay Area with this interactive map
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- Comparing the 10 biggest wildfires in California history
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- Camp Fire is deadliest wildfire in California history
- How are wildfires started? A look at the causes of some of the worst in California history