• BREAKING NEWS Eddie DeBartolo gets elected to Pro Football Hall of Fame
  • BREAKING NEWS Super Bowl 50: Complete coverage, stories and videos
  • BREAKING NEWS Visa Sky Cam over Super Bowl City - WATCH LIVE
  • BREAKING NEWS Super Bowl City reached capacity, entry gates closed; Alicia Keys concert can be seen online

Dog turns on stove, which then sets laptop ablaze

FILE PHOTO
Police say a New Jersey family's dog turned on the stove, which caught the laptop resting on the burner on fire and sent smoke through the roof.

The fire was reported early Friday evening in Lacey Township while the owners were away.

Police tell the Asbury Park Press that investigators believe the dog accidentally turned on the stove, though they didn't specify how that occurred.

Police say heat from the stove eventually burned a laptop computer that had been left on top of the appliance. Smoke was pouring from the roof when firefighters arrived, but the blaze was quickly extinguished.

Firefighters rescued the dog, which emerged unscathed.
Related Topics:
pets u.s. & world buzzworthy
(Copyright ©2016 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments