Sautéed Collard Greens with Ham Hocks and Caramelized Onions
- 1 Quart Collard Greens
- 1 Cup of shredded ham-hock meat
- 1 onion shredded and caramelized
- 1/2 cup ham-hock stock
- 1 tsp. of chili flakes
- 1/2 tbl of olive oil
- 1 tsp. sherry vinegar
- In a thick bottom pan heat the olive oil then add collard greens
- Cook collard greens till wilted for about 1-2 minutes then add stock, chili flakes, and sherry vinegar.
- Cook for a further 2-3 minutes more on low heat finish with shredded ham-hock meat and caramelized onions
- Add salt and black pepper to taste
Serve hot immediately. Serves 4.
24th Annual Fillmore Jazz Festival
Saturday, July 5, 2008 10 AM - 6 PM and Sunday, July 6, 2008, 10 AM - 6PM
Regarded as one of the premiere jazz festivals on the West Coast, Fillmore Jazz Festival presents great music and great food with the addition of cooking demonstrations from the neighborhood's best chefs this year. The festival features three stages of live entertainment. Produced by Steven Restivo Event Services for Fillmore Merchants Association and Fillmore Jazz Preservation District Merchants Association
Admission is free to all events.
Venue: Fillmore Street, Jackson to Eddy Street