King's organization has been a world-renowned contemporary ballet company, education and artistic hub in the heart of San Francisco since 1982.
WATCH: San Francisco Ballet orchestra takes to the streets instead of the opera house
Like for many other arts organizations, the pandemic has presented a great challenge for the company
LINES has lost 75 percent of its normal revenue during the COVID-19 pandemic.
RELATED: With no date yet for reopening entertainment venues, out of work artists struggle to survive
A relief fund has been set up to help the company, and the community will be able to support LINES this weekend virtually.
LINES will present "Pas De Deux: An Evening of Choreography and Conversation" this Saturday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The hour long online event will showcase an excerpt of new work, an auction, and a conversation between LINES founder and artistic director Alonzo King and retired ABC7 news anchor Carolyn Tyler.
RELATED: SF Opera hosting online costume sale to support performing arts community out-of-work due to pandemic
"We're going to be talking about the LINES community relief fund and the urgency of art in the time we're living in," King says, "so often art is put on the back burner, but when we really look at the meaning of art, art is the knowledge of how things are done."
For more information about "Pas De Deux: An Evening of Choreography and Conversation," click here.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- COVID-19 risk calculator: The safest and most dangerous things to do this holiday season
- Want to get a COVID-19 test in time for the holidays? Here's what you need to know
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- Health experts urge flu shots in effort to avoid 'twindemic'
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic