SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- As we learn more and more about COVID-19, and as some head back to work, doctors are giving strong warnings about when and where to be careful.
"A lot of the transmission that is happening in the workplace is happening in break rooms and happening during lunches or meals," says Dr. Ralph Gonzales of UCSF.
RELATED: Mixture of excitement, worry as people brace for return to work
He says that's when people take their mask off and relax, basically letting their guard down.
On Facebook we asked you if workplace break rooms are even on your radar as a concerning location. More than 150 of you had something to say about it.
Several people commented that microwaves where they work have been removed. Another person says they refuse to go in any break room right now.
"Usually I go to my car and we're fortunate we have a patio that is outside," says Brian Woodson, who works at Whole Foods. He says only three people are allowed in their break room at one time.
At O'Connor Hospital in San Jose, employees say they limit the number of people in their break room to four, but those cleaning that area tell us they scrub everything in sight.
COVID-19 RISK CALCULATOR: Quiz yourself on the safest, most dangerous things you can do as CA reopens
"Disinfect the door knobs, the water fountain, we have a water machine in there I disinfect as well," says the hospital janitor.
Doctors say we need to break some of our break room habits of eating and relaxing with others.
"It's such a hard habit to break because we need that time together, but we have to come up with creative ways that insure that both people don't have their mask off at the same time and that's when the transmission happens," says Dr. Gonzales.
Doctors we talked with jokingly said we have yet to figure out a way to eat with a mask on. They recommend distancing in situations where someone might choose to eat in a break room or just going somewhere else.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- Watch list: Counties where COVID-19 is getting worse
- MAP: Everything that's open, forced to close in Bay Area
- Everything to know about CA's confusing reopening plan, summer shutdown and what comes next
- From salons to dinner parties: Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- Life after COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Experts compare face shield vs. face mask effectiveness
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic