The new permanent COVID-19 testing site is located in the parking lot of Jefferson Union High School at 699 Serramonte Boulevard in Daly City.
699 Serramonte Blvd in Daly City (Jefferson Union HS parking lot) is the new home of a permanent COVID testing site in San Mateo County. It just opened at 10 a.m., runs until 4 p.m. Mon thru Friday. You can drive up or walk-up. Schedule an appt here: https://t.co/s3to75eOTq pic.twitter.com/FMIW61pXcV— Julian Glover (@JulianGABC7) December 1, 2020
Testing runs from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and can be accessed by driving in or walking up to receive a test, appointments are recommended.
The test being offered are the less-invasive self-swab kits.
The expanded testing comes at a time when San Mateo County, now in the purple tier with most other Bay Area counties, reported 466 new positive COVID cases Tuesday.
RELATED: 'It's a total bummer': San Francisco, San Mateo counties move to purple tier amid COVID-19 case surge
"We can't rest until we test, it's extremely important," said David Canepa, San Mateo County supervisor. "You see that huge line - that's for testing on a Tuesday. People want to get tested, considering they're coming back from Thanksgiving."
Daly City, where the testing center is located, is currently leading San Mateo County with the highest numbers of cases to date.
Canepa said this permanent testing site will help workers in the county get tested more easily, given its close proximity to major employment hubs like skilled nursing facilities, large hospitals, and San Francisco International Airport.
RELATED: Want to get a COVID-19 test in time for the holidays? Here's what you need to know
Daily testing capacity is approximately 500 tests according to Canepa.
You can make an appointment at their website here.
App users: For a better experience, click here to view the full map in a new window
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- COVID-19 risk calculator: The safest and most dangerous things to do this holiday season
- Want to get a COVID-19 test in time for the holidays? Here's what you need to know
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- Health experts urge flu shots in effort to avoid 'twindemic'
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic