SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A rally was held Thursday afternoon outside House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco home.
This comes after backlash from the congresswoman getting a haircut indoors at a San Francisco salon while the service was prohibited under the city's COVID-19 regulations.
Video surfaced Tuesday showing Pelosi inside eSalon on Union Street in San Francisco's Cow Hollow neighborhood.
Pelosi said Wednesday she believes she was set up.
"I take responsibility for trusting the word of a neighborhood salon that I've been to over the years many times," Pelosi said. "When they said we're able to accommodate one person at a time and that we could setup at that time, I trusted that. As it turns out, it was a setup."
A spokesperson for the congresswoman said the business offered to cut Pelosi's hair and told her they were allowed to have one customer at a time inside the business.
"The Speaker complied with the rules as presented to her by this establishment," said spokesperson Drew Hammill.
A photo also shows the House Speaker wearing a mask around her neck, not on her face, which she said was right after having her hair washed.
"I don't wear a mask when I'm washing my hair. Do you wear a mask when you're washing your hair?" asked Pelosi to the news crews Wednesday.
The salon owner, Erica Kious, originally provided the footage of Pelosi to Fox News.
App users: For a better experience, click here to view the full map in a new window
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- From salons to dinner parties: Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic