The login page for the California Employment Development Department's "UI Online" at first featured a yellow warning box that said: "Limited Service: Benefit Programs Online. Some customers are experiencing issues using this service. We're working to restore it as soon as possible. Please check back later."
As of Wednesday, the text has been updated to read:
"Due to scheduled system maintenance, UI Online and UI Online Mobile will be unavailable from Wednesday, December 30 at 8 p.m. to Thursday, December 31 at 1 a.m.
During this period you can call 1-866-333-4606 to check payment information, hear general Unemployment Insurance information, and certify for continued benefits using EDD Tele-CertSM. Information about your debit card is available on Bank of America's EDD Debit CardSM website.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve our services."
RELATED: Californians brace for lapse in unemployment benefits as COVID-19 relief bill awaits president's signature
Users have taken to social media to complain about not being able to access their accounts or certify for benefits. Some say the site has been inaccessible for as long as two days.
7 On Your Side has reached out to the EDD but has not yet received a response. We will keep on top of this story and report any updates.
Take a look at more stories and videos by Michael Finney and 7 On Your Side.
Have a question for Michael and the 7 On Your Side team? Fill out the form HERE!
7OYS's consumer hotline is a free consumer mediation service for those in the San Francisco Bay Area. We assist individuals with consumer-related issues; we cannot assist on cases between businesses, or cases involving family law, criminal matters, landlord/tenant disputes, labor issues, or medical issues. Please review our FAQ here. As a part of our process in assisting you, it is necessary that we contact the company / agency you are writing about. If you do not wish us to contact them, please let us know right away, as it will affect our ability to work on your case.
App users: For a better experience, click here to view the full map in a new window
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- EDD shuts down 350,000 accounts for suspected fraud, but legitimate workers still left with no money
- Unemployment claims paused for 2 weeks as report reveals 600K awaiting benefits in EDD backlog
- Coronavirus employment recovery will not be equal across Bay Area, new report predicts
- $2.5 million in EDD fraud leads to arrest of 44 suspects in Beverly Hills, police say
- CA begins sending extra $300 per week in unemployment benefits, but many will not receive the supplemental aid
- California lawmakers to conduct emergency audit of EDD
- California woman's stolen information used to collect thousands in unemployment benefits
- Proposed $300 unemployment benefit 'inadequate,' Newsom says CA working on solutions
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- California woman shares hack for getting through EDD's overloaded unemployment helpline
- Florida man erroneously receives 12 letters from the California EDD
- California state senators request Newsom create 24-hour helpline for EDD
- Governor Gavin Newsom unveils new task force to tackle EDD backlog
- Out-of-work Californians finally receive benefits, only to be mysteriously cut off
- Unemployed workers share how they got through EDD system to finally receive benefits
- FAQ with EDD: From getting through on the phone to $600 payments, 7 On Your Side gets your questions answered